Responsible to establish, implement, and maintain the quality management systems as prescribed by Company directives and processes ensuring customer satisfaction with all levels of service and repair. Responsible for managing a team of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
Data Analysis/Communications/Issue Resolution – Prevention – % of Job – 80%
- Ensures that the Company’s Quality Management System conforms to the customer, internal, ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Supports the Quality Inspectors to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s outputs.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Must stay current on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product and service quality.
- Analyzes failures and perform corrective and preventive actions to respond to internal/external customer complaints.
- Creates and maintains company quality documentation, such as quality manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Continuously improves QA receiving inspection process and procedures.
- Ensures timely resolution of supplier failures, corrective actions, and preventive actions.
- Prepares QA weekly, monthly, quarterly reports.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc.
- Develops training to build quality awareness.
- Conducts audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports, and determine proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the overall activities of receiving/outgoing quality functions.
- Manages supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Manages suppliers’ performance and conduct audits.
Operations Efficiencies – Cost Reduction – % of Job – 10%
- Implement efficiencies and cost reduction programs to assist the company in making better merchandise flow decisions by conducting a thorough analysis of key areas that are causing quality product and delivery issues.
- Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is supported by open feedback and two-way communication at all levels.
Team Leadership – % of Job – 10%
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company’s culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well-being of all associates.
- Maintains and strengthens internal, external customer, and supplier relationships. Communicates and works well with all business partners.
- Ensures inventory management and merchandise allocation flows product through the warehouse in the most cost-efficient and productive manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or science-related field.
- Needs knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 standards/processes/procedures.
- Requires advanced Microsoft Office, Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint.
- Requires English as a primary or secondary language.
- Requires computer knowledge, functionality, and technical interaction of sub-assemblies.
- The job requires the ability to clearly organize and categorize work priorities to complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions and ideas.
- Requires the repeated and coordinated use of your hands, wrists, and fingers to use a computer keyboard, and other small handheld tools.
- Must be hands-on with ambition and drive to succeed – “Makes things happen”.
- Goal-oriented and must be accustomed to achieving results through teamwork.
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results
- Finds better ways
- Demands top performance
- Inspires commitment