$DOE – 5+ years of Purchasing experience including focusing on inventory turnover and demand forecasting required.
Our client is looking for a Purchasing Manager who will report to the VP of Accounting and Finance. The Purchasing Manager will seek and manage relationships with key vendors to maintain quality of goods with timely delivery at the best cost supporting our company sales. The Purchasing Manager will work with Sales and Operations to fulfill orders managing inventory to reduce time to delivery.
- Process purchase orders within two business days of receipt of sales order verifying specifications and price and obtaining recommendations from suppliers when required.
- Set up new items in NetSuite as required.
- Update NetSuite when vendor pricing changes.
- Review outstanding drop-ship purchase orders to ensure timely invoicing and customer receipt.
- Document expected delivery dates of all PO’s within five business dates, follow up with vendors that did not communicate an expected delivery date.
- When Operations notifies you of vendor shipping errors, work with the vendor to resolve the issue.
- Responsible for coordinating the Vendor return of equipment and communicating restocking fee to the Accountant.
- Provide reporting to VP, Accounting and Finance regarding key performance indicators.
- Propose and implement improvements to the purchasing system to improve vendor relationships and reducing costs.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Manage relationships with key vendors to maintain quality of goods, timely delivery, and compliance with terms of the agreement.
- Communicate to Sales weekly long lead time items.
- Monitor and ensure item receipt by expected due dates. Follow up with vendors if not received when promised, and provide feedback to vendors as needed.
- Drive down costs through ongoing relationship management monitoring both equipment and inbound costs.
- Set and monitor min/max product amounts maintaining a 45-day inventory turnover.
- Set and maintain stock inventory based on customer demand and vendor availability.
- Seek opportunities to stock items based on customer demand and cost through collaboration with sales and operations.
- Create profitability by managing obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Five years of experience in a purchasing position is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with a talent for problem-solving.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities daily, prioritize tasks, be organized, have attention to detail, and work with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.