The Account Manager is responsible for the management of existing client relationship(s), to include achieving contracted revenue, ensuring delivery of operations excellence, and creating add on revenue and margin growth through relationship expansion. The Account Manager participates in account solution development efforts to ensure customer contract deliverables are achieved, coordinates the onboarding, implementation, and maintenance of assigned account(s) contract. This will include coordination amongst all associated personnel in sales, operations, and engineering. Responsible for managing a team of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
Data Analysis/Communications/Issue Resolution – Prevention – % of Job – 80%
- Meet face to face with assigned clients and prospects daily/weekly to assess business needs, manage complex customer transactions, and resolve customer concerns.
- Together with internal stakeholders, responsible for the successful implementation, maintenance, revenue, and growth of (multiple) existing and new programs that are measured against the client satisfaction and revenue targets.
- Manages internal relationships to provide communication of customer requirements and implementation of customer program(s).
- Create, maintain, and execute on 1-3-year plan alignment with stakeholders inclusive of diversified growth, SWOT, and strategic road mapping.
- Prepare complete, accurate, and timely reporting to ensure efficient processing of customer transactions.
- Work with operations to ensure the team is meeting contractual expectations, and collaborating to deliver data-driven value beyond the contract
- Negotiate complex pricing agreements with clients based on company business needs.
- Meet financial objectives and goals monthly.
- Exceeds customer satisfaction by building trusting professional relationships.
- Develops an account plan to include short- and long-range goals, objectives, practices, and operating procedures by working with internal departments and corporate staff.
- Represent the company at various industry exhibitions and business meetings to promote the company, as necessary.
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors.
- Manages supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Operations Efficiencies – Cost Reduction – % of Job – 10%
- Implement warehouse efficiencies and cost reduction programs to assist the company in making better merchandise flow decisions by conducting a thorough analysis of key areas that cause product or delivery issues.
- Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is supported by open feedback and two-way communication at all levels.
Team Leadership – % of Job – 10%
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company’s culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the physical and mental well-being of all associates.
- Maintains and strengthens internal, external customer, and supplier relationships. Communicates and works with all business partners.
- Ensures inventory management and merchandise allocation flows product through the warehouse in the most cost-efficient and productive manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration is required.
- A Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or business administration is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of work-related senior management experience in the computer-related service repair industry.
- Must be fluent in speaking/writing English. Spanish or Mandarin Chinese speaking is a plus.
- Requires the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Requires the ability to translate business strategy into day-to-day delivery.
- Able to communicate financial, goal results, and key performance indicators to direct reports.
- Requires excellent leadership, people management, and communication skills at a senior level.
- Requires identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Able to set high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Able to be accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period.
- Must provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Strategize and develop best-in-class practices to effectively create, communicate, and deliver customized sales opportunities that address the client’s compelling events and help drive incremental sales growth.
- Retain existing clients by ensuring high satisfaction and quality.
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results
- Finds better ways
- Demands top performance
- Inspires commitment