The General/Plant Manager directs, manages, and optimizes the overall operations of one or more production facilities. Responsibilities include setting policies and making decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiencies. Position establishes systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity, and set performance goals. Position defines/leads development and implementation for continuous improvements. Responsible for managing and leading a team of employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
Data Analysis/Communication/Issue Resolution – Prevention – % of Job – 75%
- Oversees the efficient, cost-effective, daily activities of the facility to include labor scheduling, inventory and inventory record keeping, supervision, and proper utilization of space and equipment to ensure budget objectives.
- Oversee the supply inventory for all related customers.
- Plans and monitors daily labor requirements based on immediate and forecasted needs.
- Convey daily departmental goals, review accomplishments, and address potential problems.
- Follows and inspires management by objectives.
- Ensures the safety of all employees to meet Company, Federal, and State compliance standards including but not limited to OSHA.
- Maintain a building safety and security plan that meets all company and client standards and complies with ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 standards.
- Responsible to negotiate and integrate low-cost, high-service contracts/partnerships.
- Needs the ability to create well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, perform analysis, as necessary.
- Ability to create a collaborative environment by seeking guidance from peers, supervisors, and/or other groups when necessary to achieve common goals.
- Must meet/exceed P&L and Service Level Agreement expectations.
- Always maintain the tour-ready appearance of assigned production/warehouse areas
- Ability to create and maintain a well-trained staff through cross-training and mentoring.
- Manages supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned.
Operations Efficiencies – Cost Reduction – % of Job – 10%
- Implement operations efficiencies and cost reduction programs to assist the company in making better merchandise flow decisions by conducting a thorough analysis of key areas that are causing product and delivery issues.
- Builds and maintains a work environment that is positive and is supported by open feedback and two-way communication at all levels.
Team Leadership – % of Job – 15%
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company’s culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well-being of all associates.
- Maintains and strengthens internal, external customer, and supplier relationships. Communicates and works well with all business partners.
- Ensures inventory management and merchandise allocation flows product through the warehouse in the most cost-efficient and productive manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s level degree in a related field or equivalent experience, prefer a Master’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 10-year experience in supply management, logistics, activities
- 10 years’ experience in supervisory/management role
- Must have strong leadership and managerial attributes with exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Requires work extended hours and weekends to meet customer/business needs particularly, but not limited to annual inventory activities
- Must have excellent communication skills and a professional attitude in dealing directly with customers.
- Needs advanced skills with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Needs the ability to lead a team, delegate, supervise functions, and keep team members motivated efficiently and effectively.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to interface with all stakeholders.
- Requires excellent time management skills and the ability to solve a crisis.
- Ability to design warehouse layouts a plus.
- Able to effectively communicate and interact with associates at all levels.
- Experience in start-up, acquisition, and/or fast-growth companies may have stronger consideration.
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results
- Finds better ways
- Demands top performance
- Inspires commitment