The Senior Cost Accountant Develops, reviews, and controls standard costs while analyzing variances and the effect on the P&L. Reconcile raw material, WIP, finished goods and calculated inventory turns and obsolescence. Prepare month-end journal entries, reconcile accounts, and review monthly financials, while maintaining efficient gross margins. Maintains good housekeeping practices and ensuring that all company policies and safety rules are followed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the standard cost control systems and procedures.
- Maintain and follow procedures and processes for creating and updating standard costs, including labor and overhead rate calculations
- Establish, monitor, and maintain policies and procedures for the management of material; continuously evaluate and refine standards of practice and processes to seek efficiencies and improve gross margins.
- Liaison to IT to implement new ERP modules for manufacturing and inventory flow accuracy and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain procedures and processes for valuing the year-end physical inventory; ensure the highest degree of inventory accuracy through monitoring the maintenance of the perpetual inventory system.
- Monitor and analyze the Cycle Count Program and assist in Inventory Audits.
- Review and recommend potential write-off of obsolete and damaged inventory; ensure a realistic valuation of goods-on-hand.
- Analyze and report manufacturing variances.
- Reconcile and analyze various general ledger accounts.
- Review and analyze monthly manufacturing expenses.
- Work directly with Plant Management and Engineers to develop cost for new products.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study.
- Five (5) years of hands-on cost accounting experience with inventory control experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Oracle ERP within the manufacturing industry experience required.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing BOMs, routers, WIP, and creation of standard cost from the bottom up.
- Inventory system implementation experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Inventory Management within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Public Entity experience preferred.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain professional relationships with persons at varying levels within and outside the Company.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to maintain information in a logical and easily understood fashion.
- Good planning skills and the ability to apply forethought in decision making.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.