$DOE – 10+ years of recent Project Management experience directly dealing with multi-family construction required.
- Review, inspect, and test project systems, materials, documents, techniques, and workmanship to ensure conformance to the plans, specifications, and applicable standards. Includes the Quality Control Plan, review of shop drawings and submittals, and field inspections.
- Manage all or part of the cost of planning, design, and construction process to remain within the owner’s budget, including cost estimating, cost reporting, cost breakouts, pay requests, cash flow analysis, change orders, and forecasts.
- Manage all phases of the construction process and the project schedule throughout the course of the project to ensure the project is completed in compliance with the contract terms.
- Work with Superintendent to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with site construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Confer with Superintendent to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Ability to communicate and work with on-site staff, subcontractors, inspectors, architects, and owners to ensure completion of tasks
- Implement and monitor procedures to protect the health and safety of job site employees, visitors, and the general public.
- Includes the job site safety plan, safety inspections, subcontractor insurance compliance, OSHA compliance, and maintaining current OSHA training.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the ability to derive the most efficient method of completing tasks
- Implement the terms and conditions of the contract based upon established systems, policies, and procedures.
- Includes bidding, preparing contract documents, defining and monitoring compliance with documentation requirements, defining and monitoring compliance with the submittal process, and project close-out.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Mathematical Skills – Proficient at quickly assessing and calculating any project need, from materials to budget management to time management of direct reports and vendors.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Communication Skills – Ability to communicate effectively when speaking. Writing skills must demonstrate clear and concise messages.
- Customer Service – Must possess a genuine, service-oriented client engagement approach
- Technical Knowledge – Must have the ability to read blueprints and Xactimate Estimates.
- Leadership Skills – Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Flexible Work Style – Adaptability to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Organizational Skills – Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Mechanical Knowledge – In-depth knowledge of most common tools, resources, and equipment regularly used or repaired in multi-family residences.
- Computer Skills – Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software