Up to $109k + 12.5% bonus – Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering or similar degree with 10+ years of quality engineering experience in the medical device industry to include ISO 13485, precision machining, and sterilization. Some travel. Very strong relocation package offered.
Our client is a leading global developer, manufacturer, and distributor of high-quality medical devices and services that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health, and pain management.
- Utilizing a comprehensive knowledge of engineering and problem-solving principles, this position is responsible for a variety of complex activities regarding the design, implementation, and maintenance of quality assurance procedures and work instructions to ensure external safety, quality, and compliance with complex Company standards and government regulations.
- This position primarily supports New Product Development and serves as the QA representative on new product initiatives
- Participating in design and manufacturing reviews
- Generating DFMEAs/UFMEAs and participating in risk analysis discussions
- Reviewing and approving design and development documentation
- Serve as subject matter expert for design quality in ISO and FDA audits
- Authoring procedures and work instructions that define and govern the quality system
- Conduct internal audits of the quality system and other business functions
- Evaluating nonconforming material and dispositioning based on cross-functional engineering review
- Assuring compliance to internal and external specifications and standards (i.e. GMP, ISO, FDA, MDD)
- Reviewing trends in device failures associated with customer complaints and nonconforming material
- Leading and owning corrective and preventive actions
- Working on complex special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s in Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering and 10+ years of experience.
- Background in Medical Device, Aeronautics, Automotive, or other highly regulated industry required; preferred knowledge of ISO13485 quality standards.
- Knowledge of technical writing quality and best practices.
- Required basic knowledge of manufacturing processes: key focus into metrology, precision machining, grinding, product cleaning, and sterilization.
- The individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of software or equivalent.
- Preferred knowledge of the following software packages: Solidworks, Solidworks ePDM, Oracle R12, Agile PLM.
- Prefer CQE, Lean, or 6 Sigma Certification.
- Domestic travel may be required.