Coppell, Near DFW Airport
2+ years of raw materials (chemicals, packaging, etc) purchasing experience at a Personal Care and/or Household Products manufacturer required.
Under the guidance of the Purchasing Manager, you will work to procure raw materials and packaging for our manufacturing plant using MRP. The key role would be to ensure manufacturing never runs out of materials while maintaining proper inventory levels based on the forecast. Looking for personable candidates who will be able to deal with internal and external stakeholders. Communication skills are crucial. You may get the chance to attend conferences or events as a company liaison which helps to build and maintain professional relationships with our vendors and partners.
- Review MRP reports on a regular basis. Plan orders accordingly and review purchase order(s) to ensure timely delivery. Alert management and planning of any potential issues.
- Negotiate prices for raw material and component purchases.
- Negotiate blanket orders for quarterly, semi-annual, or annual pricing
- Work with suppliers to increase value by reducing/eliminating costs.
- Maintain supplier pricing in the MRP system.
- Provide supplier evaluation data based on performance metrics.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable staff to resolve and avoid invoice discrepancies.
- Purchase non-production material and services as required to support the business.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by management
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
- 2-3 years of experience in purchasing raw materials and packaging
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, supply chain management, or another related field
- Solid communication and negotiating skills