The MB Repair Tech L4 is responsible for troubleshooting MB at component level. The assignment will be ranging from doing diagnostics, isolating MB issue, replacing components, soldering and fixing MB. Special emphasis on computer workstations and server type of MB, Dual CPU systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties not listed may be assigned.
- Identify MB problem and narrow down issue to component level (resistor, capacitors, ICs, Diode, connectors, etc.).
- Visually check MB to ensure MB is repairable before initiating repairs ensuring MB is repairable before repair is performed. Special emphasis on computer workstation and server type of MB, Dual CPU systems.
- Troubleshoot MBs and repair.
- Follow repair instructions and operational procedures.
- Be able to perform solder work on electronic component level. Needs solid understanding of solder standards – specifically IPC standard.
- Check for excessive flux residue and solder and clean using alcohol and cloth.
- Check for cold and short solder pads, solder bridge, shifted pads and pins, and correct polarity.
- Do quick test to make sure MB is good before sending to test team.
- Follow 5S standard. Organize good parts and non-conforming parts. Organize repair tooling and mockup
- Meet and exceed KPI defined to meet the business and operational requirement.
- Turn in KPI report on time, end of the working day.
- Utilize the company’s time to be efficient and productive. This is including the punctuality from break and personal matter.
- When required, work assignment can changed based on project needs like inspection, solder, testing, data input.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Available to work overtime as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent. Prefer college degree in related electronics field.
- Must have solid skillsets to repair workstation/server motherboard models independently with minimum supervision.
- Prefer over 6 Months experience in computer repair or related field.
- Should be able to review hard to repair MBs from lower level Techs recovering MBs to good working status.
- Must be proficient in using EEPROM firmware upgrade tools to perform on board F/W upgrade.
- Knowledge with dual CPU/memory operation structure design of MB is required.
- Must be proficient in using Schematic, Multi-meter, Solder Iron, Hot Air Station and Oscilloscope.
- Knowledge using MS windows system and MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) to read instructions and track data.
- Demonstrated ability to read, follow written instructions, and convey ideas.
- Must read MB schematic information.
- Need good analytical and troubleshooting skill.
- Must have good attention to details.
- Requires customer service focus.
- Need to be a team player.
- Requires demonstrated ability to read, and follow written instructions and ideas.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Hands-on and has ambition and drive to succeed – “Makes things happen”.
- Goal oriented and must be accustomed to achieving results through teamwork.
- Shows determination to achieve excellent results
- Finds better ways
- Demands top performance
- Inspires commitment