Successful Electronic Repair facility in Grapevine TX is looking for a Circular Engineer with good skills in Project Coordination and Reporting. Will be responsible for racking, cabling, and troubleshooting equipment recovered from client data centers. Oversee the operational inventory of all Data Center equipment in DCIM Tools (Aperture & DC Track) Installs, maintains, and troubleshoots Data Center Assets and Cabling Infrastructure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have experience providing Tier I / Break/fix Server
- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and analysis of decommissioned data center products and components to be reutilized as remanufactured/refurbished whole units or components.
- Performs engineering design evaluations and may develop product or component options.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for servers and switches used in Data Centers.
- Lead efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing, and testing all distributed systems platforms used throughout the enterprise including base-lining current systems, trend analysis, and capacity planning for future systems requirements.
- Will be hands-on project-based engineering. This includes building out Windows Servers and environments from the ground up.
- Lead technical assessment, research, and testing of new technologies for remanufactured server design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the use of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to decommissioned equipment and systems that will provide the quickest capacity for reuse and placing equipment back in service.
- Translate assessments of strategies into impactful decision points and recommendations
- Drive and help automate performance, benchmarking, and analysis tools within the internal teams
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to build out enterprise server environments – Windows Servers up to 2019
- An extensive understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 3 – 6 years of experience in the field of Server and Datacenter hardware manufacturing or refurbishment
- A clear understanding of applied enterprise computing technology and Datacenter infrastructure including bare metal, virtual machines
- Knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client-server systems, problem analysis, and systems tuning
- Proficient understanding of hardware platforms, such as HP Blade chassis, and HP standalone servers, Cisco UCS B and C series, Cisco WAVE and WAS
- Adept with network interfaces and technologies
- Ability to read engineering drawings such as rack elevations and cable run list schematics, detailing all in-rack connections (Example: power, data networking, and storage)
- Good verbal and written communications skills with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher
- Cloud – AWS/Azure and experience with AMD, Intel, or ARM processor architectures
- Understanding of server platforms, including Windows Server, ESXi, Redhat, LINUX, and UNIX operating systems.
- Knowledge and specific understanding of the tradeoffs between different hardware and/or software implementations
- Strong understanding of how DRAM memory is used in systems and end-customer solutions
- ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, or Azure Functions
- Creation and configuration of Azure resources such as Storage Accounts and Function Apps
- Highly effective, strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification