Strong and recent experience managing a CNC machine shop at a manufacturer over roughly 50 hourly employees required. Six Sigma experience in the automotive, medical device, or similar industry required.
*Candidates must have 2nd Shift Availability*
3:00pm – 11:30pm Monday-Friday
Shift Manager/Supervisor for a Manufacturing Machine Shop. This position will be managing 50+ manufacturing hourly employees in the CNC Machining area.
- First-line manufacturing shift manager for a medium-sized sub-group of mostly non-exempt workers in a given area.
- Monitors daily operations and provides work direction and allocation of resources.
- Establishes group guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Requires full knowledge of the functional area.
- Plans work in order to meet assigned production, quality and cost goals optimizing equipment efficiency, and material supplies.
- Develops and trains staff on various processes and procedures. Ensures department or area is compliant with all processes, procedures, standards, and regulations.
- Assists with manufacturing change initiatives.
- Spends 70% or more of their time on management activities and complex projects that require the execution of discretion and independent judgment within defined procedures and policies.
- Typically reports into a more senior manager.
- BA/BS in Relevant Field of study
- 8+ years in a manager role in a manufacturing environment
- CNC Machining proficiency (Mills, Lathes)
- Prior Management Experience in Manufacturing (Medical Device, Auto, Aerospace preferred)
- Experience in Six Sigma/ Lean Principles