Around $70k + $8k bonus – Degree with 3+ years of Food Manufacturer multi-Distribution Center inventory control and some supervisory experience required. Very strong relocation package.
The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for inventory accuracy across all storage/distribution locations for the company, assuring the proper tracking and movement of finished goods across the system. The position also calculates weekly inventory movements across the company system to attain the necessary stock levels at each distribution point to deliver optimum customer service levels. In general, the position will direct, control and report on the company’s inventory levels at its different locations. It will be responsible for developing inventory tracking systems, reviewing supply levels, directing inventory transfers, and performing daily/weekly analysis as needed, to achieve world-class Supply Chain excellence.
A successful Inventory Control Manager is a trustworthy professional with outstanding record-keeping and analytical abilities. The chosen candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to interpret, analyze and communicate large amounts of data to drive the right inventory management decisions on behalf of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Executes inventory analysis; identifies and resolves discrepancies and problems. Develops procedures to prevent discrepancies in the future.
- Calculates total weekly demand per client and distribution center location, directing the weekly transfer of inventory required to fulfill orders.
- Calculates safety stock levels, based on supply/demand history volatility and the forecast.
- Instructs 3PLs on the specific lots to be shipped to fulfill customer orders on a weekly basis. Tracks 3PL performance against these directions.
- Oversees stock item master at warehouses and 3PLs, identifying incorrect descriptions and stock numbers.
- Locates items that may have incorrect locations or stock numbers to assist order processing and enable inventory accuracy.
- Communicates with other Departments (e.g. Accounting) as needed regarding new items, changes of location, counts, etc.
- Ensures inventory and service level milestones and goals are met.
- Performs and assists with general maintenance and cleanup of warehouse/3PL inventories.
- Perform counts and ensure all inventory is accounted for and reported according to company policy. Identifies expiring lots and drives resolution on a timely basis to minimize write-offs.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels to meet customer demand
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventory
- Assess inventory output on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis to identify trends in productivity
- Manage cycle counts of product inventories on a regular basis
- Monitor delivery schedule and customer orders
- Place and receive orders in a timely and accurate manner
- File claims when defective products are discovered
- Coordinate supply requirements with Customer Service and Logistics Departments
- Check date-sensitive products for expiration and facilitate removal or transfer of product as needed
- Perform process and system testing and track performance by area to locate and solve problems in data integrity, productivity, and efficiency
- Management of Inventory Control team
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Finance or relevant field.
- Thorough understanding of inventory policies and procedures.
- APICS certification is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- At least one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Team management and supervisory skills.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.