Up to $100k – Accounting degree with 7+ years of steady career progression in general accounting using a major ERP system required. Supervisory experience over AR, AP, and GL teams required.
A leading construction leader in Irving is seeking a strong Accounting Manager to join its corporate team, and your experience matters. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer the Accounting Manager will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial operations in a variety of areas! This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a company that values its employees and their efforts, offering challenging responsibilities and growth opportunities.
Competitive compensation and great benefits in a relaxed culture!
- Overall leadership and direction of the accounting staff consisting of general ledger accountants and clerks.
- Lead month-end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules, preparation, and review of financial statements.
- Review balance sheet accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis and investigate/explain any variances.
- Prepare, review, and distribute customized financial reports by established monthly deadlines while ensuring the quality, timeliness, and integrity of data.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with CAO/CFO.
- Provide Support for monthly forecasts and budgets.
- Coordinate tax returns and audits with external CPA.
- Streamline processes, procedures, and partner with leadership to drive change.
- Able to perform special projects as required to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Mentor and lead a team of remote and local employees while building a team to scale company accounting and finance operations.
- Will be responsible for all areas of an accounting team including AR, AP, and GL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA/MBA or candidate preferred.
- 7+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression and past supervisory experience.
- Experience with Sage ERP (aka AccPac) or other ERP program preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creative problem solver, able to contribute new ideas.