Design Compliance Coordinator is generally responsible for the constructability
of all new & active plans and Townhomes for the Company.
a current department workflow schedule documenting the stat blus of all new
projects, plans, revisions, red-lines and activities.
ideal candidate should have extensive architectural & blueprint reading
abilities with an emphasis on structural knowledge (i.e., concrete foundations
& framing plans, plats & grading plans).
CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT:
the plan check process on all construction documents to confirm accuracy and
compliance with all document standards and governing codes & agencies.
architectural red-lines & value engineering comments for “pick-up” based on
the utilization of the “Architectural Plan Check-List” process.
framing plans vs floor systems (truss and I-joists) for consistent accuracy
with all internal & external disciplines (permits, estimating, purchasing,
marketing, starts, construction, sales, etc.) to ensure that all departments
are fully aware of the status of all plan activities (i.e. red-line revisions,
the upload of all red-line (framing) plans and prototype revisions to BRIX.
all electrical requests for updates & revisions with IES Electric to ensure
that we are building to our current spec. levels.
plot plans for consistency with grading plans & plot plan options to
determine correct construction document sets to release for starts.
PERMIT DEPARTMENT COORDINATION:
- Work in tandem with the Permitting Department to ensure that all red-line plans are accounted for as they are posted to BRIX and/or completed for pick-up & re-distribution to all disciplines.
- Revise all plan portfolio information and specifications in accordance with established procedures and communicate all changes to all affected end users (i.e. starts, estimating, purchasing, permitting, sales, marketing, construction, etc.).
- Review weekly starts backlog & coordinate necessary revisions needed as required for construction.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the permitting staff & construction team to maintain the status of all active & red-lined plans posted on BRIX.
- Keep up with the structural engineer’s schedule of master frames & master frames revisions that they upload to their website and check for consistency & note that a master frame has been approved for use, moving forward.
- When additional red-line changes occur, communicate to all disciplines that we need to make additional revisions to the plans to permit & send red-lines to the builder, copying the Permit Department & the Purchasing Department.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com